Monday, November 10, 2008

Miss Philippines Wins

She's very shocked

crowning moment



Miss Karla Henry Wins Miss Earth 2008, She is from Cebu city!

When I turned on the TV this morning I was surprise that the show started today, I wasn't aware of it but I'm glad I was able to watch the show. When I saw Miss Philippines she looks elegant and intelligent and I thought She will win. when Belly Crowford{host} asked her, she gave the most intelligent answer and She speak English very well, at that time I said to myself she should win with a big crown for Miss Earth 2008! see I am right Karla Henry deserve to win. :-)
In the final question and answer round, the final four were asked on what they would tell US president-elect Barack Obama about the state of the global environment if ever they were to meet.
Henry responded by saying she would encourage Obama to implement environmental knowledge in the curriculum of schools not just in the US, but also in the Philippines.
“Environmental knowledge is something that all of us must share, but most importantly we must teach the youth that this is something that we should instill in them so that in the near future they will be the ones to take care of our mother Earth,” she said.
Henry earlier won the Miss Earth Designers Award and Miss Photogenic special award.
Miss Philippines Karla Henry (2nd R), 22, poses for photographers after winning the Miss Earth 2008 beauty pageant at the Expo amphitheatre in Clark air base in Pampanga, north of Manila November 9, 2008. Henry beat around eighty-five beauties from around the world declared their personal environmental campaigns, with the theme for this year's competition focused on "green lifestyle" during the coronation night on Sunday. In photo from L-R: Miss Brazil Tatiane Kelen Alves, 24, who won Miss Earth Fire, Miss Mexico Abigail Elizalde Romo, 23, Miss Earth Water, Miss Philippines, and Miriam Odemba, 25, of Tanzania, who won as Miss Earth Air.



No comments: